A Journey Leader is someone who:
- Welcomes new students and their?families to CU Boulder
- Helps set up and?run the welcome events that make up?Fall Welcome and Spring Welcome
- Shows new students around campus while providing resources and helping them find their place in the CU Boulder?community
- Works to answer questions that new families have?by sharing our own stories and experiences
- Connects with new Buffs as they start their CU Boulder?journey
Why should you volunteer to be a Journey Leader?
- Build leadership skills while gaining an?interpersonal and intrapersonal competence
- Learn and practice group facilitation and team work strategies
- Refine customer service and conflict resolution skills
- Gain an advanced knowledge and understanding of CU Boulder while contributing?to the success of?students and families
- ???Complementary apparel & SWAG (items include: water bottles, t-shirts, backpacks and more)
What does it take to be a Journey Leader?
- Must be a current CU Boulder student in good academic and judicial standing
- Participate in mandatory trainings in April and August 2020
- Volunteer for 4-12 hours shifts during Fall Welcome
- Demonstrate the ability to be reliable, responsible, confident, flexible?and willing to help new students and their families find resources and support at CU Boulder.
- Exhibit the ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse group of team members, students, parents, faculty?and staff.
- Have a desire to continually learn more about CU Boulder and convey institutional pride.
What are the responsibilities of a Journey Leader?
- Help new students and families feel welcome at CU by sharing stories, answering questions?and directing them to resources
- Set up for events including: decorating event spaces,?setting up directional signs, lifting items, arranging furniture, mingling and more.?
- Use problem-solving skills to work through challenges?and correctly answer questions from students and families
- Represent CU Boulder in a positive way?at all times and uphold campus policies and?expectations
Meet the Journey Leader Mentors
2019最新棋牌官网Alvin is a junior studying Astronomy & Astrophysics?with a minor in Space.
2019最新棋牌官网Cole is a senior studying Ecology & Evolutionary Biology.
Erica is a junior studying Integrative Physiology.
Evan is a junior studying Neuroscience & Psychology.
2019最新棋牌官网Greg?is a sophomore studying Biochemistry.
Hailey is a senior studying Marketing with a minor in Media Production.
Holly is a senior studying Accounting and Information Management.
Hunter is a junior studying Integrative Physiology?with a certification in Public Health.
Jessica is a senior?studying Political Science with a certificatie in Business of Sports.
2019最新棋牌官网Lora is a junior studying Operations Management.
Maddi is a junior studying Integrative Physiology.
Miguel is a senior studying Computer Science.
2019最新棋牌官网Samie is a junior studying Business?with a minor in Education.
Will is a junior studying Film Studies.
Why our Journey Leaders love their work?
"To me, being a JL means to be a support system for anyone who may need it. We provide students and families with helpful tips and resources so that they can feel welcome and comfortable at CU Boulder."?~Maddie
"My favorite part of being a journey leader are the many connections you make. ?You make connections with students from all over the world as well as connections with co journey leaders and CU staff." ~Michael
"Being a Journey Leader means going the extra mile for any parent or student, making sure even the questions that were not asked are answered." ~Braeden